Best Childrens Skiing Books: Top 9 of 2023
Last Updated on March 2, 2023 by Molly Egan
If you are a ski or snowboard enthusiast looking for the best skiing books to introduce children to the Sport, this list is for you!
These skiing and snowboarding books are for a younger audience. Some aim to teach children about skiing or entertain them with stories about the most fabulous winter sport!
Are you looking for a book for your next baby shower, niece or nephew’s birthday – hello, Funcle – or holiday gift? This list is for you!
Top Picks for the Best Skiing books:
Best Must-Have: Peppa Goes Skiing
Best 2-5 age book: Bunny Slopes
- Best 5-7 years book: The Adventure Friends: Ski Day
- Best 8-12 age book: Mystery at the Ski Jump (Nancy Drew #29)
- Most Fun & Informative: Teach Your Giraffe to Ski
Most Comical: Oh, the Mountains You’ll ski!
Best Illustrations: The Ultimate Ski Book: Legends, Resorts, Lifestyle & Mor
Read below to run through the best skiing books for children.
If you want other ski gifts, peruse this list of the best. If you are looking for ski books for adults, then read this.
Skip ahead to the overall list of best skiing books here.
We’re reader-supported. We may earn an affiliate commission when you buy through links on our site.
1. Teach Your Giraffe to Ski
Teach your giraffe to ski is an entertaining and humorous book for young children that encourages learning through adventure and imagination.
2. Peppa Pig Peppa Goes Skiing
Peppa Pig Peppa Goes Skiing is a delightful book for young children that follows Peppa and her family as they go skiing for the first time.
3. Learning to ski with Mr. McGee
Learning to Ski with Mr. McGee is a heartwarming book that encourages children to overcome their fears and try new things with delightful illustrations.
4. Bunny slopes
Bunny Slopes is an interactive storybook introducing skiing to toddlers with simple illustrations and encouraging them to move along with the story.
5. The Adventure Friends: Ski Day
The Adventure Friends: Ski Day is an exciting and colorful book that takes young readers on a ski adventure with a group of adventurous animal friends.
6. Oh, The mountains you’ll ski: a ski parody
Oh, The Mountains You’ll Ski is a playful Dr. Seuss-style parody that inspires children to dream big and imagine skiing possibilities.
7. Mystery at the ski jump – Nancy Drew #29
Mystery at the Ski Jump is a thrilling Nancy Drew adventure that follows Nancy and her friends as they solve a mystery during a ski trip. Perfect for young readers who enjoy mystery and suspense.
8. Squirrels on skis
Squirrels on Skis is a fun and engaging book that introduces children to skiing through the adventures of some skiing squirrels.
9. Just a Snowy Vacation
Just a Snowy Vacation follows the Little Critter and his family on their first ski trip, introducing young readers to the fun of skiing and the excitement of a family vacation.
The 9 Best Skiing Books for Kids
- Teach your giraffe to ski
- Peppa Pig Peppa Goes Skiing
- Learning to ski with Mr. McGee
- Bunny slopes by Claudia Rueda
- The Adventure Friends: Ski Day
- Oh, The mountains you’ll ski: a ski parody by Dr. Chutes
- Mystery at the ski jump – Nancy Drew #29 by Carolyn Kane
- Squirrels on skis by Hamilton Rae
- Just a snowy vacation by Gina in Mercer Mayer
You can’t go wrong with introducing children to the Sport of skiing with these skiing books. These skiing books will be enjoyable for adults and children alike.
If you are looking for the best skiing and snowboarding books for adults, look at this list of the best.